Friday, June 20, 2008

Note to self, coolers can be considered a motorized vehicle, so don't drink and drive

Hmm, who knew a motorized cooler was considered a vehicle, but I guess in New York they are.

A Whitehall, NY man on Memorial Day was charged with a DWI (or driving while intoxicated to all of you not in the know) while riding a motorized cooler. First DWIs while walking next to a bike and now DWIs while driving motorized coolers, what is this world coming to?

Police pulled the 57-year-old man over for swerving and driving on the sidewalk on a four-wheeled, motorized cooler known as a "Cruzin Cooler." Leslie J. "Bomber" Marr, 57, could face felony DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle charges because of prior arrests and convictions in drinking-and-driving cases, said Whitehall Police Chief Richard LaChapelle. The electricity-powered Cruzin Cooler that Marr was riding contained 14 beers, the chief said.

In defense of the officer, Marr was swerving and preparing to cross a busy street when the cop stopped him so I guess the DWI and arrest could potentially have saved his life.

For anyone who has never seen a motorized cooler, they have handlebars, the "driver" sits on a seat atop the cooler, and it can reportedly do up to 12 mph."

Marr had just left a nearby American Legion hall after working there, but no one was quite sure where he was headed. He refused to take a breath test and so Marr was charged with misdemeanor counts of DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, and also was cited for operating an uninsured motor vehicle. Can you insure a motorized cooler? I think I'll call up Geico today and check, just for kicks.

Marr was released pending prosecution. His Cruzin Cooler was seized by police, which I suppose means his beer was too....totally harsh.

"They tell us he's been riding around town on that cooler for years," Kortright, the District Attorney, said. "You can't cruise around on your cooler if you're intoxicated." Lesson learned.

0 comments:

Visit my other crappee homes on the web

*Visit my CelebuCrap site here
*Visit my medical transcription blog here
*Visit my Nashville Gossip blog here
*Contact me here


Bookmark us

AddThis Feed Button

Who's visited

Please support my bad habits

Funnee for the day

'A Woman's Prayer:

Dear Lord, I pray for:
Wisdom to understand a man, to Love and to forgive him, and for Patience for his moods, because Lord, if I pray forStrength I'll just beat him to death'
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin