Sunday, May 11, 2008

How old is too old?

So how long do you have an unpaid bill before you figure it's safe to forget about it? Well this lady obviously never forgets her bills, even if she's really late paying them.

In Calumet, Michigan police received a $1 parking ticket written on Sept. 1, 1976, a $20 bill and a note last month in a plain white envelope with no return address.

The note read: "I always had good intentions of paying it. I put it aside and every once in a while I would come across it and said `someday I'm going to pay it.' Now I think it's time."

Police Chief David Outinen said the $1 fine increased to $5 after 72 hours, but hadn't increased beyond that.

The woman apparently hopes her payment closes the matter. "Please don't try and track me down. I am a respectable lady," she wrote. Yeah, because she wouldn't want her name tarnished. Karma will give her a good reward I'm sure.

{Full story here}

0 comments:

Visit my other crappee homes on the web

*Visit my CelebuCrap site here
*Visit my medical transcription blog here
*Visit my Nashville Gossip blog here
*Contact me here


Bookmark us

AddThis Feed Button

Who's visited

Please support my bad habits

Funnee for the day

'A Woman's Prayer:

Dear Lord, I pray for:
Wisdom to understand a man, to Love and to forgive him, and for Patience for his moods, because Lord, if I pray forStrength I'll just beat him to death'
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin